Innovative Employee Solutions is a San Diego based company offering payrolling and HR administration to companies in the U.S. and Canada. As the employer of record, IES manages the payroll, payroll taxes, benefits and HR administration for our clients, specializing in the contingent workforce. Since 1974, IES has grown to be one of San Diego’s largest women-owned businesses and we are proud to be named one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work for ten years in a row (2008-2017).
This is an internal staff position working in our San Diego office located off the I-15 and Aero Dr.
About the Payroll Specialist: The Payroll Specialist is primarily responsible for accurate and timely processing of timecard entry, data entry, payroll processing, payroll distribution and invoice distribution. The Payroll Specialist will manage the entire payroll process from beginning to end for assigned clients for nationwide payrolls.
Working in a fast-paced environment, this position is responsible for handling sensitive, confidential employee information. Success in this position will be measured by the department producing accurate and timely payroll for our employees and invoices for our clients.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and be a team player. The candidate will have the ability to process within multiple systems and prioritize demands to meet the pressure of deadlines. Candidate will have strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills and must be detailed oriented with great accuracy. Experience processing payroll for large companies or multiple client account is helpful and multi-state payroll processing is preferred.
- Process multiple payroll cycles on weekly basis for both hourly and salary employees.
- Prepare and issue regular and off-cycle paychecks.
- Enter data into payroll system to compute wages and deductions necessary to process and meet payroll deadlines.
- Review wage calculations and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Post data to payroll records.
- Complete various administrative tasks to update employee records each pay cycle.
- Responsible for time sheet tracking analysis; include follow up with employees and clients for timely entry and approval.
- Run integration for timecard import from Kronos based timekeeping system.
- Create invoices using internal records management system.
- Submit invoices to Accounting Team for distribution to clients.
- Maintain client files for client specific reporting.
- Respond and resolve employee payroll issues
- Maintain employee information as confidential and secure
- Prepare mail distribution and identify checks for overnight distribution.
- Knowledgeable of wage and tax laws, and corresponding with federal, state and local tax agencies.
- Experience with large companies and multiple client accounts.
- Multi-state payroll processing preferred.
- Very strong process & organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task with an emphasis on attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of gross to net calculations.
- Knowledge of taxable wages.
- Able to meet deadlines for paying payroll taxes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and confidence in working with large sets of data.
If you are qualified and have interest in applying for this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org