Business Development Associate
Come join Innovative Employee Solutions (IES), a San Diego based company, offering payrolling and HR administration to companies in the U.S. and Canada. As the employer of record, IES manages the payroll, payroll taxes, benefits and HR administration for our clients, specializing in the contingent workforce. Since 1974, IES has grown to be one of San Diego’s largest women-owned businesses and we are proud to be named one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work for nine years in a row (2008-2016).
We are recruiting for a new position within our company! This is an internal staff position working out of our corporate office in San Diego, CA near I-15 and Aero Drive.
We are seeking a Business Development Associate to create and build prospective clients and partner relationships in order to support and contribute to the team’s overall sales objectives. This role will serve as the front line for the IES sales team in terms of qualifying incoming sales leads and also proactively prospecting to build new sales pipeline. Additionally, this role will assist with developing and facilitating the proposal process including budget and pricing development, contract negotiations and client presentations.
• Cultivates and maintains valuable relationships with prospective clients.
• Provides value-added client and industry knowledge to prospective clients within consultative sales and delivers tailored solutions. Focuses on building relationships due to long sales cycle for potential buyers of contingent workforce solutions.
• Organizes and plans events to engage prospective clients and partners and promotes IES throughout the business community.
• Qualifies incoming leads generated through a variety of inbound channels and identifies opportunities.
• Through the consultative selling framework, classifies leads and transitions opportunities, as appropriate, to Business Development Manager or Recruiter Services Manager.
• Completes a needs assessment with the prospect and customizes client presentation to address those requests.
• Prepares quotes, contracts and RFP/RFI responses to potential clients.
• Responds to prospective client inquiries in a timely manner.
• Engages in technical discussions with potential clients through demonstrations and presentations.
• Develops and manages pipeline activity resulting in new client partnerships.
• Assists with marketing efforts and attends staffing industry conferences or trade shows, as needed.
• Generates reports and metrics to measure the effectiveness of each campaign.
• Ensures new client transition to Operations Teams is successful and exceeds client satisfaction
• Collaborates with the sales team and keeps team abreast of all sales activity.
• Participates in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
• Stays abreast of employment law issues and joint employment liability.
• Communicates and collaborates with co-workers, management, customers, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
• 2+ years’ experience in business to business account management and consultative selling preferred.
• Understanding of staffing industry, contingent workforce/gig economy and contract service is preferred.
• Client centered mentality and passion for customer service.
• Ability to relate to a variety of people and sustain meaningful relationships.
• Ability to anticipate client needs and take initiative to satisfy them.
• Ability to work in a face-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency.
If you are qualified and have interest in applying for this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.